Have you been seeing an allergist regularly and receiving allergy shots? Have you been suffering from intolerable allergies because you don’t want to be hassled with allergist visits and allergy shots? What if you could ditch the shots, and receive the same allergy relief with allergy DROPS you take at home?
Just like your allergy shots, allergy drops are composed of the allergens that are triggering your allergy symptoms. By gradually increasing your body’s exposure to these allergens, your immune system starts to become tolerant, and doesn’t react to those allergen triggers. This gradual introduction into your system can reduce your allergic symptoms and lessen, sometimes eliminate, the need for medications.
Call us now at 562-997-7888 or fill out our form below so we can schedule a consultation.
We will arrange an introductory consultation where we will peform a simple skin test (or blood test) to find out which allergens are triggering allergic responses. Once we have identified what you are allergic to, we can blend a custom sublingual immunotherapy (allergy drops) serum specific to your needs. Until recently, the only way to administer allergen immunotherapy was through injections (allergy shots), at a doctor’s office. Now with the advance of Sublingual Immunotherapy (allergy drops), there is an injection free procedure that allows you to treat your allergies, shot free, at home. NO ALLERGY SHOTS, NO REGULAR DR. OFFICE VISITS.
Benefits of Sublingual Immunotherapy (Allergy Drops)
- Addresses the root cause of your allergy problems by inducing tolerance to the allergen.
- Multiple studies have proven it effective in patients with allergic rhinitis (nasal allergies), and other allergic disorders.
- Reduction in nasal allergy symptoms and reduction in use of medications to control your allergies
- Improved quality of life compared to standard medical therapy
- More cost effective in the long run, compared to daily medication to treat continuing allergic disorders.
- Avoids the discomfort of injections and associated local reactions
- Less potential for systemic anaphylactic reaction, and regarded as being extremely safe.
- Safety profile that allows the treatment to be administered at home.
Drawbacks of Sublingual Immunotherapy
- Takes about 6-9 months to experience benefits
- Insurance companies do not cover this route of administration as it is still undergoing FDA approval, so considered “off-label”.
- Few head–to-head comparison studies of effectiveness compared to allergy shots.
How is Sublingual Immunotherapy given and for how long?
Allergy drops are given once a day, while increasing concentration strength until the “maintenance” dose is reached in about 6 months. Afterwards, this maintenance does continue on a daily basis for about 4-5 years.